The ICMCP is a 501(c)3 non-profit association that is dedicated to the academic and professional success of minority cyber security students and professionals. ICMCP offers our members mentoring opportunities, professional development services and vast networking resources. The ICMCP was created as a 501(c)3 non-profit with the following stated objectives:
- Increase the number of minority students pursuing cyber security related disciplines at both the undergraduate and post-graduate levels by funding scholarships opportunities
- Facilitate the career advancement of existing member cyber security practitioners through mentoring, grants towards advanced degrees and professional certifications in the field of cyber security
- Promote public awareness of cyber security and the opportunities for minorities in the profession
- Function as a representative body on issues and developments that affect the careers of Minority Cyber Security Professionals
- Establish a mechanism for gathering and disseminating information for Minority Cyber Professionals
The ICMCP was launched in 2014 to help bridge the ‘great cyber divide’ that results from the ongoing under-representation of minorities in the fast-growing field of cyber security. The ICMCP will tackle this ‘divide’ with scholarship opportunities, technical training programs, innovative outreach, mentoring and networking programs targeting minority cyber security professionals worldwide and by promoting academic and technical excellence in our tradecraft. Our management team consists of the board of directors, a larger advisory board and officers of ICMCP working closely with the executive director. In addition, our regional chapters will be instrumental in advising our executive director and promulgating our mission globally.
Cybersecurity has been identified as one of the most serious economic and national security challenges we face worldwide. Sadly, however, there is global underrepresentation of minorities in the fast-growing discipline of cyber security. As a cybersecurity professional, or an aspiring cyber security professional, we must continue growing professionally and personally in order to stay abreast of the latest developments in what has become one of the most dynamic and constantly evolving tradecraft. ICMCP Programs are focused on helping to create talented and innovative pool of citizens specializing in securing global cyber infrastructures.