Transcripts are the official documents of the student's academic work at a college or university.

Transcripts may be requested online here.

Transcripts from San Diego Community College District to other institutions:

Students may requests for official transcripts online via the Online Transcript Request. If your record cannot be located via the Online Transcript Request, you will need to request your transcript via mail, in person, or via fax. Click here for information on how to request your official transcript via mail, in person, or via fax.

Transcripts from other institutions attended:

  • Students should submit official transcripts from all Colleges and Universities attended.
  • Transcripts are required even if prior credits do not appear relevant or if units were taken years ago.
  • Students receiving financial aid or veterans benefits must have transcripts on file within one semester.
  • Certain programs require transcripts are on file before admission to the program.
  • Official transcripts from other institutions become the property of the college and will not be duplicated or returned.
  • Guam and Puerto Rico are US territories and transcripts from institutions in these territories are not considered "foreign" and should be submitted.

Submission of transcripts:

  • Transcripts should be submitted to the SDCCD District office:
    3375 Camino Del Rio South, Suite 100, San Diego, CA 92108-3883
  • Students are responsible for requesting official transcripts from each institution attended are sent to SDCCD.
  • Official transcripts must be received in the original sealed envelope from the college or university.
  • Opened, faxed or emailed transcripts will not be considered official.
  • Transcripts are ONLY accepted from one year after issuance.

Processing of Transcripts:

  • Once the transcripts are received, it is reviewed for the number of transferable units and for prerequisites.
  • Transcripts are not automatically evaluated for a student's educational goal. Please see the Counseling Office in the E-Building to submit a Request for Transcript Evaluation or call at: 619-388-3540

Transferability of Credits

Credits from other regionally accredited institutions will only be accepted for transfer credit after evaluation by the District Evaluations office.