Seeds@City would not be able to survive without ongoing volunteer support from the community. Volunteer tasks may include: watering, weeding, building compost, planting, harvesting, and other projects as needed.
DETAILS: *2 hour minimum commitment required
SUMMER VOLUNTEER HOURS:
9:00am - 12:00pm
**Due to overwhelming interest in our volunteer program during the semester, we ask you to register ahead of time to reserve a slot.
TO SIGN UP:
Please sign up for Seeds@City Volunteer Days 2014 - here's how it works in 3 easy steps:
1. Click this link to go to our invitation page on VolunteerSpot: http://vols.pt/uDbNog
2. Enter your email address: (You will NOT need to register an account on VolunteerSpot)
3. Sign up! Choose your spots - VolunteerSpot will send you an automated confirmation and reminders. Easy!
Note: VolunteerSpot does not share your email address with anyone. If you are having issues, or are not able to sign up via the internet, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can help get you signed up.
RULES AND SUGGESTIONS:
We have a few rules and suggestions to make sure you get the most out of volunteering:
- Closed-toed shoes are required!!!
- Please eat a snack or meal prior to joining us to work at the farm. It's hard work.
- Bring water and a snack.
- Wear clothes that you do not mind getting dirty.
- Wear sunscreen and a hat.
- Check in with our volunteer coordinator when you arrive. There will be some paperwork for you to fill out before you can start volunteering.
- For Service Learning: your instructor may have specific paperwork for your service learning projects. Our staff will gladly sign off on any hours you've completed at the farm but will not be able to fill out specific detailed reports on your performance even if required by your professor.
- If you are under 18 years old, you must be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
The farm is located at San Diego City College at the corner of 14th and C Streets between Saville Theater and the LRC, just below Curran Plaza.
Questions about volunteering or want to plan a volunteer day for your group?
Email volunteer coordinator, Ted Poirier at email@example.com for more information.
last updated: 06/05/14