Due to staff shortages, Seeds@City is currently not able to offer volunteer hours to community members or students in non-Agrictulture classes. We hope to resume offering volunteer hours in the near future.
RULES AND SUGGESTIONS:
We have a few rules and suggestions to make sure you get the most out of volunteering:
- Closed-toed shoes are required!!!
- Please eat a snack or meal prior to joining us to work at the farm. It's hard work.
- Bring water and a snack.
- Wear clothes that you do not mind getting dirty.
- Wear sunscreen and a hat.
- Check in with our volunteer coordinator when you arrive. There will be some paperwork for you to fill out before you can start volunteering.
- For Service Learning: your instructor may have specific paperwork for your service learning projects. Our staff will gladly sign off on any hours you've completed at the farm but will not be able to fill out specific detailed reports on your performance even if required by your professor.
- If you are under 18 years old, you must be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
The farm is located at San Diego City College at the corner of 14th and C Streets between Saville Theater and the LRC, just below Curran Plaza.
Questions about volunteering or want to plan a volunteer day for your group?
Email CityFarm@sdccd.edu for more information.
last updated: 10/17/14