Request Institutional Research

  • For public information which is highly aggregated, or broadly categorized, such as enrollment figures, transfer rates, or any other institution-wide data, please go to the District Research website for available reports.


  • For general requests including those to District Institutional Research and Planning for Research Reports, survey data, and data that are disaggregated, or broken out by categories, to some extent, such as success rates for student progress at the program level, please complete the City College Research Request Form and return it to the Campus Based Researcher (CBR). You may also schedule a meeting with the CBR to discuss and refine your request.


  • For special requests for research reports and sensitive information that is highly disaggregated, such as student contact information, data at the Course Reference Number (CRN) level, student records, and all personally identifiable information, you will need to review the Guidelines for Implementing the Research Planning Agenda (GIRPA) facts and the GIRPA FAQs and sign the GIRPA form in order to have your request processed.


  • External requests, such as those from the press, community, or outside agencies, should be sent to the CBR, Xi Zhang who will route the request through the San Diego City College Research Committee for approval and prioritization. Research proposals coming from outside the campus are subject to review and approval or disapproval by the City College Research Committee Institutional Review Board (IRB). You will need to review the City College Research Committee IRB Investigator Guidelines for Research Using Human Subjects and prepare your proposal accordingly.


  • Research requests are prioritized based on the City College Collegewide Research Agenda.