The San Diego City College Counseling Department is an important partner with students in the education process. We provide the following valuable services to help students achieve their goals and understand the campus community and college culture:
Enrollment Priority/Loss of BOGW Appeal
Title 5 regulations state that students shall lose their enrollment priority and Board of Governor's Fee Waiver (BOGW) eligibility if they have been disqualified as a result of academic performance or lack of progress. Students also lose enrollment priority if they have exceeded 100 cumulative units while attending San Diego City, Mesa or Miramar Colleges.
Appeal Criteria: Students may petition the loss of their enrollment priority and/or BOGW eligibility based on one of the following criteria:
- Students who have experienced extenuating circumstances that had a significant impact on your academic performance resulting in disqualification (verified cases of accident, illnesses or other circumstances including change in financial situation beyond the student's control that affected their academic performance in the previous semester).
- Students who have made significant academic improvement where they meet the minimum grade point average and/or progress standard to be removed from academic or progress probation but did not reach good academic standing.
- Students with disabilities who applied for, but did not receive reasonable accommodations in a timely manner.
- For Loss of Enrollment Priority Only: Students who have other specific situations that warrant considerations (e.g. Student enrolled in high unit programs, student is close to graduation or transfer and needs a few more courses.)
Download the appeal petition here, read the instructions before completing, and submit the petition to the Dean of Student Development by the following deadlines:
- Deadline to submit BOGW Appeal Petition for Summer 2017 session - MAY 2 @ 5:00pm
- Deadline to submit BOGW Appeal Petition for Fall semester - Early July
- Deadline to submit BOGW Appeal Petition for Spring semester - October