Walk-in counseling is designed to provide current or prospective students with the opportunity to ask a counselor a "quick" question.
Quick questions are defined as questions that can be answered sufficiently in a period of 5 - 10 minutes. Types of questions that can be answered at a walk-in include:
- Adding and/or dropping classes for continuing students (new students MUST attend a New Student Education Planning workshop).
- Applying for graduation
- Brief review of general education patterns.
- Proof of prerequisite
- Math/English placement test results
- V.A. Sign-offs
- Print out EXISTING student education plan.
- Temporary or Abbreviated education plan
- Review of Academic or Progress Probation email/letter received.
There are an infinite number of quick questions that we can answer for you at walk-in; however some common requests that CANNOT/WILL NOT be adequately addressed at walk-in include:
**The Counseling Department will be happy to provide the above services in an appointment. Please visit the "Appointments" page for more information on scheduling an appointment.
- Career Counseling
- Creating a NEW student education plan
- Creating a semester-by-semester plan
- Comprehensively reviewing the details of your existing education plan
- Detailed information about Associate degree and/or transfer requirements
- Full review of your current course work in relation to your goal
- Personal Counseling
- Early Alert letter/email
- Choosing/changing your major
If you believe you have an appropriate walk-in question, please stop by our office in building E-2 to sign up.
Walk-in counseling begins at 9:00am, Monday - Friday