The application period for the Osher Scholar Award offered by the Foundation for California Community Colleges is now available for the 2017-2018 school year.
The deadline to apply is July 14, 2017 at 3:00 pm.
Successful applicants will be notified after the start of the Fall 2017 semester around mid-September 2017.
Please review the eligibility criteria listed below.
Minimum Eligibility Criteria:
- Must have completed 24 degree applicable units by the beginning of the Fall 2017 semester.
- Must be enrolled at least half-time (6 or more units) during all terms in which the award remains active.
- Must be enrolled at San Diego City College in at least one class.
- Must be a BOGW recipient for the 2017-2018 school year.
- Must have a 2017-2018 FAFSA or the CA Dream Act application on file and demonstrate financial need.
- Must be making satisfactory progress towards a degree based on the San Diego Community College District’s policy.
Additional Osher Scholarships Available
Through the generosity of the estate of former Professor Jose Antonio Soler-Tossas and the San Diego City College Foundation, there is an opportunity for additional Osher scholarships for City College students only.
To be considered for these additional scholarships, a student must not only meet the general eligibility requirements for an Osher scholarship, but have successfully completed a Spanish 101 class to demonstrate an appreciation for Professor Soler-Tossas' love of the Spanish language and its culture.
If you feel that you meet the above criteria, you can obtain a copy of the scholarship application from the Student Web Services website at: http://studentweb.sdccd.edu and click on the California Community Colleges Scholarship Endowment ad.
It is important to note that meeting the minimum criteria does not guarantee selection for this scholarship. Additional selection criteria will be considered based on your response to the questions on the application including:
- A statement detailing your educational and career goals
- Outside activities, involvement and community service
- Awards and/or honors
- Work experience
- Personal accomplishments
Scholarships are limited so be sure to apply right away. Applications that meet the above criteria will be considered on a first-come, first-serve basis. The deadline to submit your application is July 14, 2017 at 3:00 pm. Applications must be returned directly to the City College Financial Aid Office.
This page last updated on May 12, 2017.