Emergency Book Loan Program
What is an Emergency Book Loan?
A limited number of emergency book loans are provided to students who are in need of a loan to be used for the purchase of books from the bookstore. Recipients are responsible for repaying this loan obligation. Due to limited funding, a student may only receive an emergency book loan only once while enrolled at City College. Therefore, if you have received an emergency book loan in the past, please do not apply for this opportunity.
Emergency Book Loans have limited funding.
The availability of short-term emergency book loan funds for City College students depends on your prompt repayment.
how to apply
Step One: Applications for emergency book loans will only be available starting on August 15 through September 16, 2016 from the Office of Student Affairs, Room M-200. A limited number of applications are available. Applications are distributed on a first come, first serve basis.
Step Two: Complete the application packet in its entirety along with all supporting documentation such as your proof of income to pay back the emergency loan.
Step Three: Turn in your completed application as soon as possible. Applications are processed on a first come, first serve basis.
The deadline to apply for an emergency loan is September 16, 2016.
“ Students who are approved for an emergency book loan are to pay the money back within 30 days. Failure to pay will result in a hold being placed on their record.”
You must provide official, written documentation of your source of income--your application will NOT be processed without proof of income. Please attach this information when submitting your application.
Processing time from the approval date is one week. After approval, you must sign the Promissory Note at the Office of Student Affairs, Room M-200.
1. You must be currently enrolled in classes at San Diego City College.
2. You must not have any outstanding financial obligations with the San Diego Community College District (SDCCD).
3. You must have an acceptable and verifiable source of income. Examples include: Veteran's benefits, Social Security, employment pay stub(s), or financial aid verification from Reg-e or an award letter.
4. You have 30 days to repay the Emergency Book Loan. You must repay the loan on the date indicated on the Promissory Note.
5. A HOLD will be applied to your SDCCD records if you do not repay the loan as indicated on the Promissory Note.
6. Emergency Book Loans are for books and supplies only.
7. Emergency Book Loans are not available during semester breaks or summer sessions.
This page was last updated on July 12, 2016.