ADHD Referrals


The Student Health Clinic (SHC) does not evaluate or treat ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder). SHC and Mental Health Counseling Center (MHCC) do offer treatment for other mental health issues.

• If you are wondering if you might have ADHD disorder, we suggest you do the following:

  • Acquaint yourself with the presentation of ADHD.The National Institutes of Mental Health ( has some helpful information.
  • Complete a brief self-assessment screening tool such as the World Health Organization's Adult ADHD Self-Report Scale. ( ). If your score is suggestive of ADHD, you may contact SHC or MHCC for a referral to local providers who perform ADHD evaluations.You are responsible for the costs of the evaluation, though your health insurance may pay for part of the costs.
  • Review the MHCC website at City College, as other mental health problems may simulate ADHD. You can call the MHCC at (619) 388-3539 or visit them in A-221 for assistance.
• Students who have a verified disability that impacts their learning should contact Disability Support Programs and Services (DSPS) for assistance with academic support.