TUBERCULOSIS SKIN TESTING
Tuberculosis (TB) skin testing requires two visits.
Hours for TB test administration:
- The first visit is to administer the test. See hours below.
The second visit is to read the test. This is done by looking at your arm and feeling for a reaction to the test injection. This must be completed between 48 and 72 hours after the skin test is administered.
The TB skin test is administered by injecting a small amount of the test protein (PPD) into the top layer of skin on the inside of your forearm.
Please notify SHC staff if you have ever had a positive TB skin test before. If so, you should not have a repeat TB skin test, except in unusual circumstances.
- Mondays & Tuesdays 8:00am - 4:00pm
- Wednesdays & Fridays 8:00am - 11:30am
- No testing on Thursdays
- Walk-ins welcome
$8.00 for students
$12.00 for faculty
__________________________________________________________________________________________TB tests and Chest X-rays are also administered through the San Diego Public Health Department. Please note they do not offer this service if you are covered by insurance or your employer.
The County of San Diego HHS Tuberculosis Clinic is located at 3851 Rosecrans Street San Diego, CA 92110. Phone (619) 692-5565.
- Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays: 7:30-11:30 and 1:00-4:30
- Tuesdays: 9:00-11:30 and 1:00-4:30
- First Tuesday of the Month: 10:00-11:30 and 1:00-4:30
Additional Info on TB
- Monday, Wednesday, Thursday & Fridays: 8:00-11:30 and 1:00-4:30
- Tuesday: 9:00-11:30 and 1:00-4:30
- Appointments recommended