Student Checklist


Apply for GI BILL Benefits online at

Processing time 30-45 days to receive Certificate of eligibility from the Veterans Benefits Administration

STEP 1 APPLY FOR ADMISSION before the Application Deadline

Apply for admission online at Click “Application for Admission.” The Veteran Service Center has computers  available in L-106  for students to apply on site. 

   SUBMIT PRIOR COLLEGE TRANSCRIPTS, All transcripts must be on file & evaluated before you are certified for your 2nd semester

a)        Joint Service Transcripts for Army, National Guard, Navy, marine Corps, Coast Guard:  

b)       Air force and Air National Guard (CCAF)

c)        Request official AB/IB scores and/or transcripts from all schools attended after high school, Send to:

San Diego Community College District

3375 Camino Del Rio South, Suite 100

San Diego, CA 92108-3883

To verify if your transcripts have arrived you will call or visit the Records Office A-241 619-388-3474.Once all transcripts have arrived, fill out a “Request for Transcript Evaluation.” Transcripts are not evaluated until you make the request and all transcripts have been received.

STEP 2   Apply online for Financial Aid:

The FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) is available online

Plan Ahead FAFSA process takes up to 8 weeks to be completed A-313 has computers available for students to apply on site.   San Diego City College school code 001273


Veterans and dependents may be eligible for temporary residency status or waiver of non-resident fees.

If you were discharged within the last 15 years, you may be eligible for priority registration.


Go to it takes about 90 minutes total, but you can log out and log back in later, and the system automatically saves your progress. Log in as a student with your CSID number (not as a guest). Print the end page to show completion and bring it to your assessment appointment. A-313 has computers available for students to complete the online orientation on site.


You must complete the Online Orientation and submit proof of completion before taking the assessments.

a)        Call to sign up for an assessment appointment through: The Assessment Office 619.388.3023- A-201 to schedule an appointment.

b)       Be Prepared! View Accuplacer sample questions and other tips at:

c)        Check out the City Assessment Video for more information on the importance of Assessment testing.

 Step 4 ENGLISH AND MATH ASSESSMENTS, TESTING ALTERNATIVES—if one of these applies, you are not required to take the assessment:

Ø  Show proof of prior college level coursework with passing grades in math or English. (See Step 2a)

Ø  If you have taken assessment in the past 2 years at a CA community college, bring or fax a copy to Counseling- E building (Fax number (619)-388-3135).

Ø  Check out the for more information on the importance Assessment-Placement Alternative Measures


                  If this is your first time in college, you will participate in STUDENT SUCCESS DAY and will meet with a Counselor to plan your first semester of classes. To schedule an appointment call the Assessment Office 619.388.3023.

                  If you have prior college experience you will ATTEND NEW STUDENT ED PLANNING SESSION (Design for students with prior college experience) Students with prior College experience are ONLY recommended to attend the New Student Ed Planning Session. To schedule an appointment call Counseling office 619.388.3540- E building



             You will be assigned a registration day and time. Classes fill quickly, so don’t delay!

             Register online using Reg-e 

             You are responsible for ensuring that all fees, including health fee (which is not covered by BOG waiver) are

             paid in full by the deadline or you will be dropped for nonpayment. Pay online or in person at Accounting B-203.

We have computers available in Veterans Service Center L-106, for students to register on site

Visit Admissions office (619)388.3475- A-241 to get your official College ID Card. Be sure to bring a valid photo ID with you.

You Must Submit The Following Documents to VA Office, A-241

o Certificate of Eligibility

o DD-214 Member Copy #4

o Statement of Understanding

o City College VA Orientation Certificate

o Temporary Education Plan

o Unofficial transcripts (printouts or photocopies of prior college coursework)

o Semester Worksheet. You must submit a semester worksheet each semester to continue to receive benefits

Last Updated 11/07/2018