STEP 1: Apply for Admission before the application deadline
STEP 2: apply online for financial aid
- Click on the link above to complete the online orientation. It takes approximately 60 - 90 minutes total, but you can log out and log back at a later time to finish; the system automatically saves your progress
- IMPORTANT: Log in as a student with your CSID number (not as a guest)
- Print or scan/save the last page to verify completion and bring to the Assessment Office BEFORE signing up for an assessment exam.
STEP 4: Take the English and Math Assessment tests (if applicable)
You must complete the Online Orientation and submit proof of completion before signing up for an appointment.
- Sign up for an assessment appointment with the Assessment office at 619.388.3023 or stop by M-205.
- BE PREPARED! View Accuplacer sample questions and other tips at the Assessment website.
- Check out the City Assessment Video, "Stick Together", for more information on the importance of Assessment testing.
- TEST EXEMPTIONS - visit the Assessment website or open the document above for information on waiving this test
STEP 5: First Counselor Contact & Education Planning
- ATTEND STUDENT SUCCESS DAY (Students with NO prior College Experience): Brand new students to college are required to attend STUDENT SUCCESS DAY and meet with a Counselor to plan your classes for the first two semesters. You must call the First Year Services office at 619.388.3998 or stop by room L-112 to reserve your spot (seating is limited on a first-come, first-serve basis). Student Success Day is scheduled in (please plan accordingly):
July for new Fall semester students
October for new Spring semester students
- ATTEND NEW STUDENT EDUCATION PLANNING SESSION (Students with prior college experience): New students to City College with prior college experience, or students who missed Student Success Day, are required to attend the New Student Ed Planning Session. You must call the Counseling Department at 619.388.3540 or stop by building E-2 to reserve your spot. (seating is limited and on a first-come, first-serve basis). These sessions are scheduled in (please plan accordingly):
April - May for new Summer session students
June - August for new Fall semester students
November - January for new Spring semester students
STEP 6: Register and pay for your classes
- You will receive an email with your assigned registration date & time. Classes fill quickly so don't delay!
- Register online using the Reg-e registration website
- You are responsible for ensuring that all fees, including the Health Fee (which is not covered by the BOG waiver) are paid in full by the deadline or you will be dropped for nonpayment. Pay online via Reg-e or in person at the Accounting Office, room B-203.