AFFORDABLE CARE ACT INFORMATION (ACA)
ACA ENROLLMENT WORKSHOPS: Wednesday 2/26 & Thursday 2/27
Our Services Include:
- Basic First Aid
- Nursing (RN) Visits
- Limited OTC Medications
- MD or Nurse Practitioner Appointments
- Weight/Blood Pressure/Vision Screenings
- Lab Tests
- Physical Exams
- X-Ray Orders
- Limited Immunizations and Flu Shots
- Preventive Care/Health Counseling
- Mental Health Services
We Strive to offer the highest quality medical and nursing care at all times, however our services are limited to currently enrolled San Diego Community College District students. Currently enrolled students may walk-in to speak with an RN, or can schedule an appointment with our MD or Nurse Practitioners. Basic Primary Care services are offered. Serious or complicated medical conditions may be referred to providers outside of SHS for further evaluation and treatment.
There is usually no charge to see a Registered Nurse, Nurse Practitioner, or Physician. However, your health fee does not cover prescription medications, lab-work, x-rays, or immunizations.
We do charge a fee for the following services:
- Routine Physical Exam $30 (nursing, sports, work, etc.)
- DMV Physical Exam $50
- Pap Screening $65 (includes gonorrhea and chlamydia screening)
- TB skin tests $8 students $12 faculty/staff
- Immunizations Prices vary
- Lab Tests Prices vary. Comprehensive panel inc. cholesterol, thyroid, liver and kidney tests, and blood count averages $40.
*Lab tests must be ordered by a provider; in some cases fasting may be advised prior to blood being drawn.
** Fees subject to change
NO SHOW FOR SCHEDULED APPOINTMENT: If you schedule an appointment, you must show-up or give a 24 hour cancelation notice to avoid a $5.00 late fee.