|Go to: Digital Print||Go to: Mail Room||Go to: Students||Go to: FAQ|
The Digital Print and Mailroom Department are here to provide printing and mail services to the campus community.
Ground level of the "T" Building (facing west - towards the "A" Building)
Digital Print, Room T-131; (619) 388-3444
Mailroom, Room T-131; (619) 388-3224
HOURS OF OPERATIONS
Monday - Thursday 6:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Friday 6:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Closed Saturdays, Sundays and District Holidays
All print requests require 24 hour turnaround timeline with some color printing and high-volume requests requiring additional time for completion.
Word Processing and Design requests require 5 working days.
JOB ORDERS VIA EMAIL:
Email requests sent after 3:30 p.m.,Friday - Sunday, will be considered a Monday a.m. submission.
COPYING AND PRINTING:
Black and Full Color up to 13"x19"
Black and Full color posters up to 24"x36"
ALL COLOR REQUESTS and orders other than tests, having more than 10 orignals, require department chair pre-approval for processing. CC the department chair, asking for approval; the chair will email us.
WE OFFER PRINTING SUCH AS:
- Business Cards - Liaison with District Reprographic (note: after filling it out, print and give to your supervisor or dean who will approve and send to VPAS for final approval, and forward to us).
- Carbonless Forms (NCR)
- Name tags
- Postcards .... and more .... just ask!
- Collate and Staple
- Hole punching
- Komb Binding - Plastic Spiral Binding - Wire-O Binding
- Black and white
- Variety of Resolutions and File Types
Faculty and Departmental mailboxes - Incoming and outgoing District mail
All stamped and metered mail is processed by US Postal Services.
- First Class
- Priority - Certified, Return Receipt, Registered, Insured forms are available
- Global Express
- International - Air
Mail Mailroom Center only uses metered mail (no stamps are sold). Only official college business goes through the mailrom. No personal mail will be metered or taken to post office. For a guide to how mail should be addressed and other mail guidelines please click here: Guide and Link to USPS. Each mail piece must have City College's return address with department or sender's name. Mail should come to the center unsealed. Flat Rate envelopes and packages, as well as forms for the Post Office, are supplied at no cost.
All outgoing mail and packages must be in the center by 12:00 p.m. for processing and pick up by U.S. Postal Services.
A USPS curbside mail box is located on Russ Blvd by the "A" building. Pick up time is 1:00
DELIVERY - DISTRICT:
District Mailroom Center delivers and picks up twice a day at 9:30am and 2:00pm.
District mail is comprised of Mesa, Miramar, Continuing Ed, ECC, Unified School District and other select college districts.
SUPPLIES - INSTRUCTIONAL
Supplies dispensed on an immediate use basis.
- Dry Erase Markers
- Letterhead Stationary & Envelopes
- Scantron Item Analysis forms
- Golf Pencils (may be borrowed to complete evaluations)
FACULTY SELF-SERVE COPIERS
Faculty are given individual copy codes for the self-serve copiers. Your personal number of copies is limited, so please use this self-serve copier as "emergency back-up" only. Requests beyond copy limitation require approval from your department chair. Self-Serve copiers are located throughout the campus. Please call Digital Print, 388-3444 for copy code and copier location.
PAY-TO-PRINT PRINTERS / COPIERS:
To make photocopies or printouts in the LRC and campus labs, students must buy a copy card. There is a copy card dispenser on the main level of the Learning Resource Center, in front of the Copy Room (room R208). The Accounting Office, A-256 also sells cards for $3.00 (with $2.50 worth of copies and .50 charged for the card). Cost of copies per page is 10 cents, color is 50 cents. Contact LRC for more information on Student Printers. 3 copiers are located in Library, room R208 and 1 in Student Affairs Lobby, M-200.
DROP OFF TO FACULTY:
Students can turn in work for their professors during our business hours by filling out a form and attaching their documents. We will put in faculty mailboxes within 4 hours.
- What hapens if we run out of money in our print budget? Contact your department chair or administrator. Funds will need to be transferred to cover the cost before printing will be done.
- Can we transfer fund from other Object codes? No, you can only tranfser funds from 4000 sequence.
- How do I request Business Cards and how much do they cost? Use this link to the Business Cards Request. Fill out the form, print it, secure approval signatures, take to Business Services who will give final approval and send it to Digital Print for processing. Printing takes approximately two weeks for completion. Cost for 250 cards is $15; 500 is $20; 1,000 is $30.
- How late are you open? Monday throught Thursday we close at 8:30p.m. and Friday closing time is 4:40p.m.. If the door is locked before then just knock loudly and it will be answered promptly.
- I teach at night, where does my student drop off my evaluation packet after you've closed? Unfortunatly, we don't other options. Instructors are encouraged to have the evaluations done early enough during class that a break can be had while the student to take it to the Print/Mail center before it closes.
- Can you start delivering mail to my office? Requests are considered on a case by case basis. Considerations are made to accommodate offices within our regular schedule and routes. Please email Patty Fernandez to request delivery.
- When is the best time to pick up mail? Incoming mail from suppliers is delivered to our office throughout the day. The best time frame would be around 2:30p.m. to meet with the final District delivery of the day.
- When does the District mail arrive and/or pickup? The District Mail Center delivers and picks up twice a day at approximately 9:30a.m. and 2:00p.m.