The San Diego City College Curriculum Review Committee (CRC) is a standing committee of the Academic Senate. The CRC shall ensure San Diego City College's curriculum meets the standards and criteria defined by the mission statement of the College, District guidelines, and the Education Code, especially the California Code of Regulations (Title 5, Section 5300.2).
Curriculum review is required for any additions, changes, or deletions to the portions of the catalog that describe programs and courses.
WHO WE ARE?
CRC STANDING MEMBERSHIP
Chair (1 - 2):
The chair will be one (or two, in the case of co-chairs) faculty representative(s) to be elected by the committee (CRC). The faculty committee chair(s) will receive reassigned time supported by the Office of Instruction. The term for chair(s) shall be two years.
Appointed Faculty and Staff (14 - 21):
Articulation Officer, Counselor, Librarian, Evaluator, 10-15 faculty at large (a balanced representation among arts, and sciences and occupational and technical disciplines). May include adjunct faculty and a campus DSPS representative.
Administration (1 - 3):
Vice President of Instruction. May include CTE Dean and Non-CTE Dean.
Classified Senate (0 - 1):
May include Classified Staff.
Resources Personnel (0 - 1):
Resources personnel shall be selected as deemed appropriate by the committee.
RIGHTS AND PROCEDURES
Voting rights shall be confined to standing members of the committee and to the person holding a written proxy of a standing member of the committee.
A quorum must have a minimum of 50% + 1 of the committee as determined by appintments at the beginning of each academic year. Attendance and participation by the members of the Curriculum Committee are critical components to the success in meeting the charge and decision-making responsibilities.
WHAT DO WE DO?
Duties and Responsibilities
To review and approve all course and program curriculum proposals, catalog changes for new and revised courses and program, and course activations and deactivations for compliance with State regulations and District policy to ensure the following:
- Degree credit, non-degree credit, and noncredit courses meet standards for approval as defined by Title 5.
- Courses and programs comply with the criteria as defined in the California Community Colleges Curriculum Standards Handbook.
- Curriculum meets District policy regarding criteria for the Associate Degree and General Education.
- Courses delivered by Distance Education conform to State regulations.
- Classes for disabled conform to State regulations and guidelines.
- Stand alone courses that are not offered as part of an approved program are reviewed and approved.
- Credit courses fulfill requirements for submission as Transfer Curriculum (IGETC), California State University (CSU), University of California (UC) transfer standards for electives and major requirements to CSU, UC, and/or other post-secondary colleges and universities.
- New programs and modifications to approved programs are reviewed.
To review credit courses through the District to determine duplication in content:
- Recommend policy/procedures regarding academic and professional matters.
- Provide in-service training for college faculty serving on curriculum development.
- Provide for emergency review of curriculum.
To ensure that curriculum committee members, as determined by San Diego City College, is in compliance with Title 5.
To advise faculty and administrators on reasons for withholding approval.
To take appropriate action on curriculum proposals on behalf of the Academic Senate.
Authority / Functions / Reporting Responsibilities
To forward policy and procedure recommendations requiring consultation to the Academic Senate for review and recommendation.
To report results to the Academic Senate and District Curriculum & Instructional Council.
To forward results to the Office of Instruction and the Instructional Services Council.
To report to the following groups:
2019-2020 CRC MEMBERS
Meeting Days and Time
Curriculum Review Committee (CRC) meets at 2:00pm every first and third Wednesday.
Technical Review Committee (TRC) meets at 2:00pm every second and fourth Wednesday.
This section is currently under construction. Please check back soon.
Thank you for being patient.