Our counseling services continue to be impacted by the severe budget crisis this pandemic has caused. You may experience a long delay to meet with a counselor.
Ask the e-Counselor
All prospective and continuing students at City College can ask, via email, general counseling questions not related to personal academic records.
Please visit our FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) website for answers to commonly asked questions.
If you did not find an answer to your question in our FAQs page, click here to email your general counseling question. Please DO NOT include any personal information, like your student ID# or copies of transcripts.
Criteria required to request a drop-in session or live e-appointment:
- Must have an active SDCCD application.
- NEW STUDENTS must complete the New Student Education Planning workshop on Canvas. Click here to access the workshop.
- RETURNING STUDENTS must reapply BEFORE requesting to meet with a counselor.
- City College is your home campus
- All transcripts of prior colleges attended should be received by the district.
- The email address in your mySDCCD portal is current and accurate (please log in to your portal at https://myportal.sdccd.edu/ to confirm before submitting your request)
- Read the Online Counseling Terms & Conditions and the Privacy statement
*If you are a prospective student, please utilize our "Ask the e-Counselor" feature above or visit our FAQs website.
All drop-in sessions and live e-appointments will be conducted via our Zoom virtual meeting center.
If you're experiencing challenges finding an available drop-in session or appointment, please call our department at 619-894-6118, to receive support during our remote operating hours.
Drop-in Counseling Sessions
Drop-ins sessions are available for new and continuing students who have a "quick question" that can be answered in 15 - 20 minutes. Examples of drop-in sessions are:
- Choosing courses for the next semester only (no long term education planning)
- Prerequisite clearance
- VA Sign-Offs or Temporary Education Plans
- Disqualification Reinstatement
- Academic Renewal
These sessions are available on a same day, first come-first serve basis only. To request a drop-in session click here to visit the "Quick Question Counseling Help" eSARS electronic scheduling system. You will need your student ID# and date of birth to submit your request.
Our live e-Appointment service allows you to schedule a counseling appointment with a San Diego City College Counselor. Please review the "Criteria required to request an live e-appointment" above to assure you qualify for these appointments.
By checking the "I Agree" box below, I acknowledge that I have met the criteria for scheduling a live e-Appointment. I understand that appointment requests go through a screening process, and students who do not meet the above criteria will be provided with other options for meeting with a Counselor.
To request an appointment, read the information above and check the "I Agree" box. The "Online Appointment" link will then appear; click on this link to access our eSARS appointment scheduling system.
For the best scheduling experience, please use Google Chrome or Internet Explorer
*We appreciate your patience as we transition to our new online scheduling system*