PLEASE NOTE: Because of the severe budget cuts to higher education due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the number of Counseling faculty available to provide services has been drastically reduced. Therefore, availability to connect with a Counselor is very limited. We appreciate your understanding and patience as we work to provide services during these challenging times.
Ask the e-Counselor
All prospective and continuing students at City College can ask, via email, general counseling questions not related to personal academic records.
This service is currently unavailable. It will return on July 20. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Drop-in Counseling Sessions
Drop-ins sessions are available for new and continuing students who have a "quick question" that can be answered in 15 - 20 minutes. Examples of drop-in sessions are:
- Choosing courses for the next semester only (no long term education planning)
- Prerequisite clearance
- VA Sign-Offs or Temporary Education Plans
- Disqualification Reinstatement
- Academic Renewal
These sessions are available on a same day basis and can be requested at the start of each day. Click here to sign up with your student ID# using our eSARS appointment scheduling system.
Our live e-Appointment service allows you to schedule a virtual counseling appointment with a San Diego City College Counselor. A Counselor will meet with you utilizing our Zoom virtual meeting center.
The following criteria must be met before scheduling an online counseling appointment:
- Must have an active SDCCD application.
- New students must complete the New Student Education Planning workshop on Canvas
- Returning students must reapply before requesting an appointment.
- City College must be your home campus
- All transcripts of prior colleges attended should be received by the district.
- The email address in mySDCCD portal is current and accurate (please log in to your portal at https://myportal.sdccd.edu/ to confirm before submitting your request)
- Read the Online Counseling Terms & Conditions and the Privacy statement
*If you are a prospective student, please utilize our "Ask the e-Counselor" feature above.
By checking the "I Agree" box below, I acknowledge that I have met the above criteria for scheduling an e-Appointment. I understand that appointment requests go through a screening process, and students who do not meet the above criteria will be provided with other options for meeting with a Counselor.
To request an appointment, read the information above and check the "I Agree" box. The "Online Appointment" link will then appear; click on the link.
For the best scheduling experience, please use Google Chrome or Internet Explorer
*We appreciate your patience as we transition to our new online scheduling system*