San Diego City College
Friday, May 22th, 2020 @ 5:00 PM
Spreckles Organ Pavilion
San Diego, CA 92101
CAPS AND GOWNS
Cap, gown and tassels are required to participate in the Commencement Ceremony.
Students can only purchase cap and gowns from MS Bookstore starting May 1st - May 22nd.
MS Bookstore will close at 12:00pm (noon) on May 22nd, 2020.
Please note: Cap and gowns will not be available for purchase at the venue.
Avoid the rush and buy your gown early!
The cost is $29.95, plus tax, and includes cap, gown and dated-year tassel.
Tip: Students should purchase caps and gown by Tuesday, May 12, after this date the Bookstore cannot guarantee correct size. Check Bookstore website for current information and prices www.bookstore.sdccd.edu/city.
There will be no refunds on caps and gowns.
Associate Degree Nurses will wear white gowns and the price is the same.
Associate Degree Cosmetology and Esthetician students will wear red gowns and the price is the same.
Graduation with Honors
Graduation with honors distinction is based on all coursework related to your associate degree and lower division coursework applicable to baccalaureate degree or coursework applicable to the certificate of achievement.
Graduating with an Honors achievement of a 3.50 - 4.00 GPA is recognized at the Commencement Ceremony by wearing an Gold Honors Tassel with your regalia.
- Honors is granted to students who achieve an overall 3.5 GPA.
- High Honors is granted to students who achieve an overall 3.75 GPA.
- Highest Honors is granted to students who achieve an overall 4.0 GPA.
Honors notation is placed on the student's official transcript and diploma.
Honors is not based on a student's overall GPA but rather the degree or certificate specific coursework's GPA. Students should refer to Counseling or Evaluations to determine if they have met the above criteria.
Student graduating with honors will receive a special postcard with a gold seal in mid-April indicating that they are receiving honors. Student can purchase their honors tassel in the Bookstore. Students must show the postcard they received to the Bookstore to purchase and obtain the honors tassel.
Guests and graduates may park at Balboa Park or across the street at
Please plan ahead - the parking lot may fill early. Please plan to walk some distance if the lot is full or plan to take public transportation.
Guests and graduates may park at City Campus parking lots and utilize public transportation.
The rows in front of the Organ Pavilion is reserved for graduates. Your guest should be seated in unmarked rows, subject to availability and on a first come, first serve basis. Reserving or savings seats is discouraged. Special accommodation seating is available on west side of seating area.
For more information for guests with disabilities, please click here.
GradImages Photography will take color photographs as you receive your degree/certificate on stage. You may purchase 5â€x7â€ color photos after the event at FindMyGrad.com
The photographer is not affiliated with the college and is solely responsible for purchase agreements.
*Please note, graduations are public events. By participating in graduation, it is possible that the media or other photographers may use graduation photographs in newspapers, other publicity print mediums, video briefs, on television news or online.
The videographer is not affiliated with the college and is solely responsible for purchase agreements.
Family and friends who want to take pictures during the ceremony are asked to be repectful of other guests. Aisles must be kept clear.
Diplomas are issued only after verification that the completion of all graduation requirements have been met. The diploma is issued in the name as registered, and sent to the address on record at the time the diploma is awarded. Refer to SDCCD Catalog "Graduation" for complete information. It is your responsibility as the student to keep your contact information up-to date on Reg-E and mySDCCD.
LOST AND FOUND
Lost and Found items may be dropped off at the General Information table in the lobby
area in front of ---.
Donate your Cap and/or Gown
Honor a future City Graduate!
Each year, City College receives several requests for caps and gowns for students who do not have the resources to purchase them. Consider donating your cap and gown for a future City College graduate.
Phi Theta Kappa will have bins located in the entrance of the Ballroom that you can drop off your cap and/or gown to donate.
OTHER IMPORTANT DEADLINES
- Deadline to file a Petition to Graduate and ensure your name will be included in the Commencement Program.
- Deadline for PTK and Psi Beta students to have name displayed in the graduation program under the "Scholastic Honor Societies."
- Notify the Evaluations Office if you do not want your name printed in the graduation program.
APRIL 23 - MAY 17
- Register online to participate in graduation ceremony. Graduates will be mailed a postcard with the online registration information.
MAY 1 -24
- Caps & Gowns on sale at the City College Bookstore.
- Name Pronunciation: If you think there will be difficulty in pronouncing your name (first, middle or last) during the graduation.
- Deadline for "Special Accommodations" requests. City College Graduation Ceremony is accessible for students with disabilities. The stage, seating and parking lot of the San Diego Convention Center are mobility accessible to the public. Sign Language interpreters are provided for the ceremony. If you require a disability accommodation, please complete the online form at http://tinyurl.com/dspsgrad