ATTENTION ALL CURRENT AND PROSPECTIVE INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS: Thank you for your interest in the San Diego City College Internatianal Student Program. Due to the current situation with COVID-19, the San Diego Community College District has moved toward the overall closure of in-person operations. Our department is offering limited services until further notice. For more information and updates, please visit the SDCCD Coronavirus news center here
We encourage prospective & continuing F-1 students interested in the latest visa information, to visit The Department of State website: https://studyinthestates.dhs.gov
If you have any questions about the international admissions process, requirements or deadlines. An international student services representative is available to assist you remotely.
We are available to assist you remotely. To email us, please scroll down to the end of this page.
San Diego City College is certified to accept nonimmigrant F-1 visa students. Acceptance into the F-1 visa program at the college is necessary before a Certificate of Eligibility Form I-20 is issued by the college admissions office. The decision to grant admissions into San Diego City College, will be based on all evidence received and once admissions application documents are reviewed. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Applicants who applied by the deadline will be notified within 4 weeks of their admissions status.
Your completed application must arrive in our office by:
ADMISSION DATES FOR 2021 SPRING & FALL SEMESTERS
- SPRING 2021 Applications will be accepted between September 1- October 15, 2020.
Deadline to submit all required admissions application documents is October 15, 2020.
Spring 2021 Semester Classes Start: February
1-May 29, 2021.
- FALL 2021 Applications will be accepted between April 1-May 15, 2021. Deadline to submit all required admissions application documents is May 15, 2021. Fall 2021 Semester Classes Start: August 23-December 18, 2021.
Please mail completed application forms and required documents including a non-refundable application fee of $100 to the following address:
San Diego City College
International Student Admissions, A-241
1313 Park Boulevard
San Diego, CA 92101
- An international student is required to maintain a full-time course load (minimum of 12 units) each semester at San Diego City College and make satisfactory progress each semester while at San Diego City College. Part-time F-1 status will not be approved. The registration status and academic performance of all international students will be monitored through out the semester by the college and reported via SEVIS.
- A recent photograph must be submitted with an application (passport size is acceptable).
- Prospective international students are advised that they must comply with all requirements of the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and of San Diego City College to be admitted as international students.
- A transfer student from another accredited United States college or university must:
- Complete the application for international student;
- Submit all supporting documents;
- Have pursued a full-time course of study with a minimum GPA of 2.0 (C) at the college the student was last authorized to attend. An official transcript must be filed, and;
- Follow set transfer procedures of the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
- Restriction on Aviation Program. The Federal government prohibits all F-visa (F-1, F-2 and F-3) students from enrolling in any Aviation Maintenance Technology (AVIM) and/or Aviation Operations (AVIA) classes and programs. No exceptions will be made. Student enrollment is monitored and students will be administratively dropped.
Enrollment Services, Admissions