The Puente Project is an academic preparation program that, for more than 25 years, has improved the college-going rate of tens of thousands of California's educationally disadvantaged students. The project's mission is to increase the number of educationally disadvantaged students who:
Enroll in four-year colleges and universities
Earn college degrees
Return to the community as mentors and leaders of future generations
The program is open to students who:
- Are interested in exploring the Latinx/Chicanx experience
- Are planning on transferring to a four year university
- Are eligible to enroll in English 101 or 101X for the Fall semester
- Are able to commit to program requirements
- Are able to be full time students (enrolled in 12 units or more).
Puente will be accepting applications for 21-22 Cohort starting March 2021.
Please visit our new Interactive Website for more information.