Computer Business Technology programs are offered for both transfer and career-oriented students. Certificates of Performance, Certificates of Achievement, and Associate of Science Degrees are available to students interested in upgrading computer skills for college success and/or employment in business office environments.
Career/job opportunities available upon completion of each Computer Business Technology option are described in each curriculum section. Some career options may require education beyond the associate degree or certificate.
Program Learning Outcomes
Students who complete the program will be able to:
- Identify computer operating systems functions; define key features of different software applications; and demonstrate how to use a Web browser, and conduct an Internet search.
- Create office documents utilizing the Microsoft Office Suite programs (i.e. Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Publisher).
- Analyze work environments, labor force, and organizational types and structures.
- Employ critical thinking as a basis for continual learning and problem solving.
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills (soft skills) such as leadership, delegation of authority, accountability, consensus building, communication, conflict resolution, and teambuilding.