Through a genuine commitment to all students and their families, the Financial Aid (FA) Office is here to assist with eliminating financial worries so that you might obtain maximum benefit from the educational opportunities available. The FA Office at each college recognizes that your situation is unique, and your application is carefully analyzed with complete confidentiality regarding your personal financial information. We are dedicated to providing high-quality service in a fair, sensitive, and confidential environment to all individuals, regardless of background, culture, or lifestyle. Please visit icanaffordcollege.com for more information.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate: Students will be able to identify financial aid resources for which they may qualify, submit applications and documentation, and meet deadlines.
- Eligibility: Students who receive financial aid will demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Policy for financial aid purposes. Students will gain understanding of the requirements, rights and responsibilities, and repayment obligations associated with acquiring a federal student loan.`
COVID-19 (updates for January 2022)
Due to an increased on COVID-19 cases, there will be no in-person services from January 3-28, 2022
Mon- Thu 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Friday 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Google Voice (619) 786-3203
UPCOMING DEADLINE: June 30, 2022 @9:59PM PST
Last Fall 2021 anticipated disbursement: December 16th, 2021
DUE: 2021-22 FAFSA Forms
***LIVE SUPPORT - FA Password Required***
This week's schedule is:
- Mon - Thu: 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. & 1:00 p.m - 4:00 p.m.
- Fri: 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. & 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
ZOOM Video or Dial-In Service:
+1 669 900 6833 (US Toll)
+1 346 248 7799 (US Toll)
+1 253 215 8782 (US Toll)
Meeting ID: 962 5460 5145
- Wait times are expected and will vary based on the number of students needing support.
- Support sessions occur one-on-one and first-come, first-served ending promptly at close of business.
- Presence is required at time of service or you will be removed from the session immediately. (Staff will not wait if no response is given)
- Hours are subject to change. Check for real-time updates on our Calendar.
Please be patient as we work through this remote operations process.
In order to ensure the fastest possible service on your FA needs, students should observe the following:
- submit required documents through JIRA; and
- update your email, mailing, and home addresses via your mySDCCD account.
*Alternatively, students may submit documents via DocuSign; or Fax (619) 388-3241 - include your college ID number (CSID) and first and last name as the subject line. (Example: CSID 0123456789 - Jane Doe)
Email questions to email@example.com, and include your college ID number (CSID) and first and last name as the subject line (Example: CSID 0123456789 - Jane Doe), as well as your FA password in the body of the message.
View Your Current Financial Aid Information
Do you want to know what documents you need to submit for financial aid? What type of financial aid you have been awarded?
Note: Regarding a FAFSA Mismatch - a FAFSA mismatch occurs when your FAFSA and your Admissions Campus of Record (COR) are not the same.
- If your COR is City College but your FAFSA is Mesa or Miramar you need to update your FAFSA to include City College.
- If your FAFSA is City College but your COR is Mesa or Miramar you need to let our office know that you want to receive your financial aid from City College. We will submit a service ticket to have your COR changed to City College.
The Student Consumer Information Regulations of the United States Department of Education require all colleges and universities to provide their students access to certain information to which they are entitled to as consumers. Under these regulations, San Diego City, Mesa, and Miramar College and Continuing Education annually distributes to all students a notice of the availability of consumer information. Please click HERE to review the information outlined for consumer disclosure by the Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA).