Join Puente Today!
We will be accepting applications for the 2024-2025 cohort. Click and complete the Puente Interest Form below. For more information about our Puente Program familia, visit our interactive website.
The Puente Project is an academic preparation program that, for more than 25 years, has improved the college-going rate of tens of thousands of California's educationally disadvantaged students. The project's mission is to increase the number of educationally disadvantaged students who:
- Enroll in four-year colleges and universities
- Earn college degrees
- Return to the community as mentors and leaders of future generations
The program is open to students who:
- Are interested in exploring the Latinx/Chicanx experience
- Are planning on transferring to a four year university
- Are eligible to enroll in English 101 or 101X for the Fall semester
- Are eligible to enroll in Math 119X for Fall semester
- Are able to commit to program requirements
- Are able to be full time students (enrolled in 12 units or more)
- Are able to enroll in Personal Growth for Fall semester
Student Learning Outcome
Students will demonstrate various self-efficacy strategies and apply them to their success in college, in their career, and in their life.