San Diego City College uses College Central Network as its official job resource and resume system. The site is available 24/7 to students, alumni, and employers at http://www.collegecentral.com/sdcity
- Students, quickly apply to jobs and internship opportunities posted exclusively for you, and search other opportunities via Jobs Central and Intern Central, national job boards.
- Create and upload your resume and career portfolio to make available to employers.
- Access our events calendar, and career/job search advice documents, podcasts, videos and more.
- Be signed up for our email list-serv to be updated on Transfer Career Center events and happenings!!
Career counselors provide the foundation for acquiring the knowledge, skills, and attitudes that enable you to make a successful transition from school to the world of work. At San Diego City College we strongly encourage all students to first visit with us for a career counseling appointment prior to seeking an educational planning appointment.
YOU NEED A CAREER COUNSELING APPOINTMENT IF
- You have been in college at least 2 years and are still undecided about a career path
- You have decided on a major but don't know if it fits which your career choice
- Your friends/family/significant other are pressuring you into a career or major choice
- You have so many interests that you just can decide, and are afraid of making the wrong choice
- You are returning to the world of work but feel lost and out of touch
- You want to change your career, but don't know how
HOW TO MAKE A CAREER COUNSELING APPOINTMENT
- First visit the Counseling office Room A-366 for a 5 to 10 minutes intake assessment
- After a brief discussion with a counselor you may be referred to a 1 hour career counseling appointment
- Most times you are first referred to the Career Center by a counselor for Values Interest Personality and Skills (V.I.P.S). assessment prior to your one hour appointment
- Career counseling appointments can also be conducted in an online session through the college's online counseling services.
CAREER PREP WORKSHOPS
- Developing outstanding resumes
- Hitting your target cover letters
- Interviewing techniques
- Mastering the art of networking
- How to work a career fair
ACADEMIC PATHWAYS FOR CAREER PLANNING
|Transfer Services||Explore your transfer planning steps. Meet with a counselor, ask about the transfer articulation agreement and, inform yourself about deadlines.|
|What Can I do with this Major?||Explore the possibilities. What kind of job are you looking for, and how does it relate to your College Major. What jobs are available within your major, and more!!!|