High School Students... Consider this!
- High school students get free tuition.
- Earn college credit while in high school, finish college early.
- One semester of San Diego City College is equal to approximately a year of high school.
- Significantly reduce the overall time & expenses associated with college = Save $$$
- Take fun classes like art, music, human services, career technical education & much more.
- Community college courses earn similar GPA points as AP Classes.
- Did we mention it's next to being FREE!
High school students requesting concurrent enrollment may be admitted as "special part-time" students subject to the following criteria:
- Students must have completed the 10th grade.
- High school students must satisfy course prerequisites and eligibility requirements.
- Enrollment in Physical Education classes will not be permitted.
- The course is advanced scholastic or technical (college degree applicable). Contact the Admission Office for details.
- The course is not available at the school of attendance.
- Students will be given college credit for all courses. Grades will be part of the student's permanent college record.
ACADEMIC STANDING RULES
- Students must maintain a 2.0 grade point average each semester in all college work.
- If the number of units of W, I and NP exceed 40%, in any semester or session, the student will be academically disqualified.
- Students whose grade point average falls below a 2.0, or who do not complete 60% of all units attempted, will not be permitted to re-enroll without approval from a college counselor.
San Diego City College is committed to creating educational opportunities by waiving tuition fees for eligible local high school students.
For more information, regarding concurrent high school enrollment contact Genevieve Esguerra, Associate Dean of Outreach & Community Relations at email@example.com or by calling (619) 388-3894