WELCOME TO SAN DIEGO CITY COLLEGE OFFICE OF STUDENT AFFAIRS
The Office of Student Affairs implements and supports student-centered programs aimed at enhancing the student experience at San Diego City College. Student Affairs works individually and collectively with the student body and clubs to promote student leadership, cultural awareness and diversity within our campus community. Each year, the Office of Student Affairs supports and coordinates many student-oriented programs and events, both on and off campus, beginning with Welcome Week for new and continuing students and culminating with Commencement.
Hours of Operation:
Mon-Thu 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Fri 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Dean of Student Affairs: Marciano Perez, Jr., M.A.
The Office of Student Affairs is bustling with opportunities for students.
Among the Opportunities Available to Students
- San Diego City College Associated Students Government (ASG)
- The Inter Club Council (ICC)
- Leadership Workshops and Activities
- Leadership Governance Service Learning Classes
- Student Clubs
- Appointments to College and District-wide Committees (Shared Governance)
- Annual Student Leadership Summit
- Week of Service
- Student Affairs Event Planning
The Office of Student Affairs also provides the following additional services for students who qualify
- Student Travel Guidelines Manual 2018-2019 (PDF)
- Conference/Travel Student Contract of Understanding
- Minor (Under 18) Student Travel Permission Release Waiver
- Request for Authorization to Conduct Off Campus Student Activity
- Student Travel Medical Consent Form
- Student Travel Permission Release Waiver
- Faculty Academic Sanction Form
- Incident Report Form
- Student Removal from Class by Faculty
- A Brief Guide on Student Conduct for College Faculty and Staff
Student Complaint Process
Assistance in resolution of student complaints and faculty concerns
- BP 3100 - Student Rights, Responsibilities and Administrative Due Process
- AP 3100.1 - Student Grievance Procedure
- AP 3100.2 - Student Disciplinary Procedures
- AP 3100.3 - Honest Academic Conduct
San Diego City College Student Services Mission
San Diego City College Student Services mission is to inspire, empower and support our students to excel in their intellectual, social, and cultural development to enhance student goal completion.
Student Affairs Goals
The Office of Student Affairs develops programming that builds and supports campus community. Programming is designed to enhance and grow student life by creating targeted programs and cultural awareness events to support students from disproportionately impacted groups who have not been exposed to such experiences. Various higher education studies show that students who participate in student organizations, clubs and campus programming are more likely to succeed in college because they are aware of resources and support systems, which improve retention, persistence and completion rates.
The Office of Student Affairs creates awareness about the importance of completion, transfer and graduation. As a result, students become more aware of the necessary steps to take in order to accomplish these goals. Through planning, participation and engagement, students are empowered with the necessary skills and abilities to be successful. Once students have a vested interest in campus life, they are able to share this knowledge with their peers. Student Leaders perform outreach efforts via forums, workshops and campus collaborations to support other students who need a greater understanding of how to navigate the learning culture at City College. When students know their rights and responsibilities, it allows them to clearly understand campus community expectations, which they promote through demonstrating positive behaviors both in and out of the classroom.â€‹