EXTENDED OPPORTUNITY PROGRAMS & SERVICES
We moved to the A building. Room A-354
EOPS is a state-funded student support services program. Its purpose is to provide special recruitment, retention, and transition services to eligible students. The services offered are "above and beyond" those offered by the college's Student Services division. The primary services include assistance in the following areas: priority enrollment, counseling/advisement, and preparation for transition to four-year colleges and universities. For detailed information on all services offered and application procedures, please contact the EOPS Office.
You may be eligible to receive EOPS services if you meet all the following criteria:
- You are a resident of the State of California, as determined by the Admissions Office.
- You are (or plan to be) a full-time student taking 12 or more units (6 at City and/or ECC; remainder may be at Mesa or Miramar).
- You qualify to receive a Board of Governors Fee Waiver A or B.
- You have not completed 70 (or more) units of degree applicable college units, including courses taken at other colleges.
- You are determined to be educationally disadvantaged.
If you are eligible, click here for the EOPS New Student Application.
- Academic/Career/Personal Counseling
- 4-Year College/University Transfer Assistance
- Priority Enrollment
- Tutorial Referral Assistance
- Associated Student Body Memberships
- Financial Aid Application Assistance
- CARE program - state funded support program for single parent EOPS students
The EOPS scholarship is available every fall semester.
You may also visit the Scholarship page to view all scholarships offered through City College.
COOPERATIVE AGENCIES RESOURCES FOR EDUCATION (CARE)
EOPS students who are single parents, have a child less than 14 years of age, and
receive public assistance are encouraged to apply for the program's Cooperative Agencies
Resources for Education (CARE) component. CARE provides additional support services,
to address those needs that are unique to single parents.
Click here to sign-up for CARE support services.
To participate in CARE you must have applied for and be approved to participate in EOPS. Only City College EOPS students may participate in CARE. During each semester you must satisfy all EOPS and CARE requirements.
San Diego City College
Building A Room 354
San Diego City College
1313 Park Blvd
San Diego, CA 92101
Monday - Thursday 8:00am - 6:00pm
Friday 8:00am - 3:00pm