If you are experiencing a medical emergency, call 911 or go directly to your nearest emergency department.
The Student Health Clinic at San Diego City College offers basic primary care services to currently enrolled district students.
Student Health Clinic services include:
- Free nurse (RN) visits
- Free MD and nurse practitioner appointments
- Weight/blood pressure/vision screenings
- TB screening and testing
- Lab tests
- Physical exams/athletic physicals
- X-ray orders
- Basic first aid
- Limited immunizations
- Over-the-counter medications
- Preventive care/health counseling
While serious or complicated medical conditions may be referred to providers outside of SHC for further evaluation and treatment, many services and care are given here on-campus, conveniently, compassionately and cost-effectively. Come by or call us at (619) 388-3450.
Fees are charged for some services that are not covered by the student health fee, including, but not limited to:
- Pap testing (includes gonorrhea and chlamydia screening)
- TB skin tests
- Lab tests
Accidents and insurance
If you have an accident on campus, come to A-180 to get care. In addition, the Student Accident Insurance Plan provides coverage for on-campus accidents. All claims are made through the Student Health Clinic, Room A-180. Please file a claim with our office as soon as possible after the accident. All enrolled students are eligible. This insurance is secondary insurance. Medi-cal or private insurance is billed first.
For a campus medical emergency:
- Call 9-1-1 and/or College Police Dispatch at 619-388-6405 (ext. 6405 from a campus phone.)
- District Police are the first responders for campus emergencies. They are CPR certified with defibrillator (AED) access and best direct the paramedics to the victim.
- All on-campus accidents or injuries should be reported to the Student Health Clinic as soon as possible to document the incident should insurance coverage be required.
- For more information about safety at SDCCD, go to: http://police.sdccd.edu.
- Download our safety app, LIVESAFE, on your smart phone then select San Diego City College to receive emergency information and notifications.
Some immunizations are available at the Student Health Clinic with no appointment necessary:
- TB Testing (tuberculosis)
- TDaP (tetanus, diptheria, pertussis)
- Flu Shots (influenza)
We also offer free consultation for all other immunizations.