DSPS will be closed for Spring Break
Monday, March 25 to Friday, March 29, 2019
Re-Opening on Monday, April 1, 2019
disAbility Support Programs and Services (DSPS) assists San Diego City College to meet the requirements of federal laws (Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act) and SDCCD policy by ensuring access to equal educational opportunities.
DSPS aspires to create, support, and sustain an inclusive and fully accessible campus community.
We accomplish this important mission by:
- Serving as a resource, promoting self-advocacy, authorizing and coordinating accommodations, and providing professional development
- Believing equal access is the shared responsibility of the entire campus community
- Valuing disability as an integral aspect of diversity
- Developing collaborative partnerships that incorporate the principles of universal design, sustainability, and social justice
- Surpassing the standards of disability legislation to build a liberating campus community
- Challenging social norms that create barriers to ensure all members of the campus community feel welcome
Steps to Apply for DSPS Services
If you have any questions or need assistance with the steps listed below, please do not hesitate to contact us.
To enroll in DSPS Services, you must complete the following 5 steps:
- Apply to SDCCD and obtain a current Student ID Number
- Complete the following DSPS Forms:
- Application for DSPS Services.
- Verification of Disability Form (completed by a licensed professional) OR submit previously obtained documentation the states the disability or medical condition (i.e. reports from community agencies, medical or mental health professionals, or educational institutions) Note: If you do not have the required documentation and need consultation on how to obtain the required documentation, please complete a DSPS Application and request a 30 minute Consultation Appointment with a DSPS Counselor.
- Review and sign the DSPS Service Agreement.
- Submit the documents listed above to the City College DSPS Office. Documents can be mailed, emailed, faxed, or delivered in person.
- Once the DSPS Office receives all necessary documents, you will be contacted to schedule an Initial Appointment & Orientation with a DSPS Counselor to complete the enrollment process and receive academic accommodations. Note: Wait time for counselor appointments is approximately 1 week (2 weeks during peak times), so please plan accordingly.
Disability Related Board Policies and Administrative Procedures
- AP 3105.1 Academic Accommodations and Disability Discrimination for Students with Disabilities
- AP 3108.1 Service Animals
- AP 3100.2 Student Grievances
Reporting Access Barriers
Physical Access Barriers
If you experience an access barrier to any areas/buildings at the City College Campus, please contact the DSPS office at 619-388-3513 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For updates on alternative accessible routes as a result of campus improvement projects please contact Roxann Solis
Web Access Barriers
San Diego City College is committed to equal access to web content. If you need to request Web content in an alternate format or have comments or suggestions on accessibility please contact: Victor Chen
We want to hear from you!
Please share your feedback on the services that you have received from the DSPS department.Complete
this quick survey so that we can continue to improve our services. Your feedback is
Click here to take survey