Welcome to the Office of Student Equity!
Student Success and Equity: Empowering our Campus Community One Student at a Time
We are committed to improving and strengthening student equity and success. To that end, the College developed the Office of Student Equity to spearhead student success by implementing best practices and innovative student-based initiatives. Departmental areas and initiatives include, but are not limited to, Student Equity Planning efforts, CalWORKS, Cooperative Agencies Resources for Education (CARE), disAbility Support Programs & Services (DSPS), Extended Opportunity Programs and Services (EOPS), and Students Uplifted by Instructional Reform (SUBIR!) Title V initiatives.
Student Equity Executive Summary
In 2014 and 2015, San Diego City College developed Student Equity Plans intended to support the college's efforts in implementing high-impact activities to serve disproportionately impacted students. With equity initiatives underway, progress has already been made toward reducing and eliminating disproportionate impact. The following summary consists of six sections:
- 2019 Student Equity Goals: A summary of equity goals set in 2015 with a 2019 target date. Progress toward each goal is described, relying on data updated as of 2016.
- 2017-19 Student Equity Activities: A summary of activities to be funded to reduce disproportionate impact. Activities are linked to 2019 Student Equity Goals.
- 2014-15 Student Equity Expenditures: A summary of equity funds expended in 2014-15.
- 2015-16 Student Equity Expenditures: A summary of equity funds expended in 2015-16.
- 2016-17 Student Equity Expenditures: A summary of equity funds expended in 2016-17 (as of 10/04/17).
- Assessment of Progress on 2014 Equity Plan: A summary of progress made toward achieving the goals set in the 2014 equity plan, though the institution now relies on the 2015 goals to guide planning.
More information may be found via the full Student Equity Executive Summary
San Diego City College
1313 Park Boulevard
San Diego, CA 92101
Office: (619) 388-3525