Welcome to San Diego City College!
We are glad that you have selected our college to pursue your academic goals. This webpage is designed to assist Veteran students and/or dependents navigate through City Colleges' programs and services as well as educational benefit requirements. The San Diego Community Colleges have been approved to offer military service connected benefit programs leading to an Associate Degree or transfer to a four-year institution. The time has never been better for military veterans to further their education and training.
City Veterans Office: Building A-241
City Veterans Service Center: Building M-101
Hours: Monday-Tuesday 8:00-7:00pm; Wednesday-Thursday 8:00-6:00pm; Friday 8:00-3:00pm
City Veterans Office: 619-388-3504
City Veterans Service Center: 619-388-3698
Student Services Technician
Veterans Services is committed to helping student veterans make the best choices possible while attending by providing the maximum assistance, guidance, and support using the new G.I. Bill and other programs. The Veterans Services office & Veterans Service Center work collectively with on-campus and off-campus resources to provide quality service to all military-affiliated students by connecting them to campus resources, empowering them to successfully transition to college and equip them to be productive in the civilian workforce.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply and identify the process necessary to utilize VA educational benefits and entitlements.
- Identify VA and College policies regarding their benefits.
- Demonstrate knowledge of requirements for obtaining and maintaining VA benefits.
- Demonstrate ability to contact the VA Administration Office for additional services.
- Identify other key resources on campus that are necessary for successful completion of their educational goals.