Current High School Student
You are a high school student looking to enroll in college courses while still taking HS classes (dual enrollment/enrichment).
As a high school student, you have a unique opportunity to begin your college education for FREE, when enrolled in less than 12.0 units per semester. Every college class you take while in high school will provide you with college units toward completing your bachelor's degree. Here at City College, you have access to hundreds of fun and challenging college classes ranging from Chicano/a and Black Studies, art, dance, science, and more that are FREE!
Besides being FREE, here are some of the other benefits of concurrent enrollment: high school students get free tuition; earn college credit while in high school, finish college early; one semester at City College is equal to approximately a year of high school; significantly reduce the overall time and expenses associated with college... save money!; community college courses earn similar GPA points as AP classes.
For your safety and convenience, you can now submit the supplemental form online. It will be forwarded to your parent and high school personnel for electronic signatures.
Parents and students are encouraged to first review the concurrent enrollment guide.
- Concurrent Enrollment and College and Career Access Pathways (CCAP): A Guide for Students and Parents
For more information, regarding concurrent high school enrollment contact the Off-Campus Programs office at (619) 388-3525.
Start of Registration for eligible high school students:
- Summer 2023 - April 27, 2023
- Fall 2023 - May 18, 2023
- Spring 2024 - December 1, 2023
San Diego City College is committed to creating educational opportunities by waiving tuition fees for eligible local high school students, when enrolled in less than 12.0 units.
High school students requesting concurrent enrollment may be admitted as "special part-time" students subject to the following criteria:
- Students must have completed the 10th grade.
- High school students must satisfy course prerequisites and eligibility requirements.
- Enrollment in Physical Education classes will not be permitted.
- The course is advanced scholastic or technical (college degree applicable). Contact the Lana Kapchinsky
- The course is not available at the school of attendance.
- Students will be given college credit for all courses. Grades will be part of the student's permanent college record.
Academic Standing Rules
- Students must maintain a 2.0 grade point average each semester in all college work.
- If the number of units of W, I and NP exceed 40%, in any semester or session, the student will be academically disqualified.
- Students whose grade point average falls below a 2.0, or who do not complete 60% of all units attempted, will not be permitted to re-enroll without approval from a college counselor.
East Village Middle College High School
Open Boundary. Open Enrollment. Open Access to College Credits.
This is high school like you've never seen it before. Our innovative East Village Middle College High School, right on the campus of San Diego City College, offers students the chance to earn over a year of college credit (cost free) while simultaneously completing their high school graduation requirements.
Applications accepted year-round!
Learn more here.