Student Health Center
We Are Here For You!
If you are ill with a fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, a new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, or diarrhea, these may be symptoms of COVID-19. Please call your health care provider, clinic, or local Emergency Room prior to arrival, whenever possible. This will allow proper screening for testing when appropriate, health care advice, referrals for in-person visits, and instructions for self-isolation or self-quarantine. For updated information from San Diego City College regarding COVID-19, click here.
Link for Recording of 5/6 Panel on Covid-19, BIPOC Health Disparities, Vaccinations
Need Health Insurance?
Program Learning Outcomes
The Student Health Center is proud to provide quality, evidenced-based care to our students. Among our successes documented:
- Increased student access to community resources by bringing outside community partners onto campus.
- Provided campus-wide outreach education and stigma reduction efforts to students, faculty, and staff.
- Provided orientation and follow up services to students supporting both academic and personal success.
- Demonstrated improvement in functioning as measured by positive changes in assessment scores.
- Increased the number of students who learned their weight and associated Body Mass Index, (BMI). For students with increased BMI, students were educated about weight, benefits of losing weight, and a government resource that can help them learn more about the health issue.
- Utilized the PHQ2 to assess depression in all students presenting to the Student Health Clinic, and as appropriate, worked with both the student and the Mental Health Counseling Center for treatment/referral.
- Provided health care services to students, supporting both their academic and personal success.