Through a genuine commitment to all students and their families, the Financial Aid (FA) Office is here to assist with eliminating financial worries so that you might obtain maximum benefit from the educational opportunities available. The FAO at each college recognizes that your situation is unique, and your application is carefully analyzed with complete confidentiality regarding your personal financial information. We are dedicated to providing high-quality service in a fair, sensitive, and confidential environment to all individuals, regardless of background, culture, or lifestyle. Please visit icanaffordcollege.com for more information.
- Unsubsidized loans overborrowing: Students will understand the Experimental Site Initiative that San Diego City College and the U.S. Department of Education are participating in - that attempts to reduce or eliminate unnecessary overborrowing for specific groups of students. These groups are First year students and students not meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP).
- Cohort Default Rate: Students will understand their responsibility in repaying Federal Direct student loans and using a third-party servicer - their options to avoid going into default when they are delinquent in their loan payments.
COVID-19 (updates for August 2020) - San Diego City College is currently closed to all students, faculty, and staff.
***LIVE SUPPORT - FA Password Required***
We are pleased to announce "Live Support" via Zoom video or dial-in service. This week's schedule is:
- Mon - Thur: 9 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. & 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Fri: 9 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. & 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Wait times are expected and will vary based on number of students needing support.
- Support sessions occur one-on-one and first-come/first-serve ending promptly at close of business.
- Presence is required at time of service or you will be removed from the session immediately. (Staff will not wait if no response is given)
- Hours are subject to change. Check for real-time updates on our Calendar.
Please be patient as we work through this new remote operations process.
Join "Live Support" from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://cccconfer.zoom.us/j/96254605145
+1 669 900 6833 (US Toll)
+1 346 248 7799 (US Toll)
+1 253 215 8782 (US Toll)
+1 312 626 6799 (US Toll)
+1 646 876 9923 (US Toll)
+1 301 715 8592 (US Toll)
Meeting ID: 962 5460 5145
In order to ensure the fastest possible service on your FA needs, students should observe the following:
- submit required documents through JIRA; and
- update your email, mailing, and home addresses via your mySDCCD account.
*Alternatively, students may submit documents via DocuSign; or Fax (619) 388-3241 - include your college ID number (CSID) and first and last name as the subject line. (Example: CSID 0123456789 - Jane Doe)
Email questions to email@example.com, and include your college ID number (CSID) and first and last name as the subject line. (Example: CSID 0123456789 - Jane Doe).
Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) SD City College School Code is #001273
View Your Current Financial Aid Information
Do you want to know what documents you need to submit for financial aid? What type of financial aid you have been awarded?
Note: Regarding a FAFSA Mismatch - a FAFSA mismatch occurs when your FAFSA and your Admissions Campus of Record (COR) are not the same.
- If your COR is City College but your FAFSA is Mesa or Miramar you need to update your FAFSA to include City College.
- If your FAFSA is City College but your COR is Mesa or Miramar you need to let our office know that you want to receive your financial aid from City College. We will submit a service ticket to have your COR changed to City College.
The Student Consumer Information Regulations of the United States Department of Education require all colleges and universities to provide their students access to certain information to which they are entitled to as consumers. Under these regulations, San Diego City, Mesa, and Miramar College and Continuing Education annually distributes to all students a notice of the availability of consumer information. Please click HERE to review the information outlined for consumer disclosure by the Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA).