East Village Middle College High School
Open Boundary. Open Enrollment. Open Access to College Credits.
This is high school like you've never seen it before. Our innovative East Village Middle College High School (EVMCHS), right on the campus of San Diego City College, offers students the chance to earn a high school diploma and a year of college credit in just four years — for free!
EVMCHS is accepting applications for 2022-23. Click the "Enroll Now!" button below and you'll be directed to the online application. For more information, visit www.sandiegounified.org/schools/eastvillage.
What Do We Offer?
Imagine the jump-start you'll get on life. And, because of our accelerated program, you can earn up to 54 units of college credit. Through a fifth year of study, you can earn an associate degree.
Who Do We Serve?
Every high school student who wants a challenge! Our program enrolls students looking for a challenging and non-traditional education. We help our students bridge the divide between high school and college, making higher education more accessible and affordable. We're ideal for students whose parents are not college graduates, because our goal is to make them the first generation with a college diploma in their family.
An Enhanced Curriculum
All students take both high school and college courses. In the 9th and 10th grade, you'll be taught by San Diego Unified School credentialed teachers and given extensive support to prepare for college-level courses. In 11th and 12th grade, upperclassmen move up to a combination of high school and college classes while still getting extra academic support.
Things to Consider
- Late start block periods (9:00 to 3:50 schedule), before school and after-hours tutoring available
- Low student to teacher ratio (18:1 average) in all subjects
- One-to-one technology site, Chromebook provided to all students
- Supportive, small school environment. (160 maximum enrollment)
- Dual enrollment/dual credit courses (Gr. 9-12) at San Diego City College
- Weighted credits through college coursework (5.0 maximum GPA)
- Advancement Via Individual Determination (AVID) highly distinguished site
- All SDCC enrollment fees, books, materials, activities and supplies provided
- Optional summer school accelerated courses available (up to two per term)
- Access to all SDCC student services (library, computer lab, athletic facilities, college counseling)
- Students maximizing our course offerings graduate with over 45 UC/CSU college credits! (Free)
- Minimum 2.5 GPA required (3.0 preferred). Application and essay submission available online
- Visit (sandiegounified.org/schools/eastvillage) Only 40 9th grade seats available each fall
For more information or to apply, contact: