Welcome to the San Diego Promise Program Website!
The San Diego Promise is a two-year completion program for recent high school graduates enrolled full-time (12 units per semester). The program provides up to two years of free tuition to eligible students. Participation in the Promise program comes with a variety of benefits: an assigned peer mentor/success coach, specialized counseling and guidance support, and additional campus engagement opportunities.
- Class of 2020 high school graduate
- California resident for tuition purposes or AB540 eligible
- Completion of a 2020-2021 FAFSA or California Dream Act.
- Must enroll in a minimum of 12 units each semester (does not apply to DSPS students with eligible academic accommodation)
New students participating in the San Diego Promise will receive the following:
Up to two years of FREE tuition and health fees (Covered for Fall and Spring. Note: Student Parking, Semester Pass, and Student Rep Fees are NOT included).
Individualized counseling and guidance support to help you complete your educational goals.
Assigned Peer Mentors.
Book grants for eligible students (Dependent upon student's financial need).
*Students who meet program requirements in their first year may be eligible for free tuition in their second year.
ATTENTION! The San Diego Promise application for Class of 2020 high school graduates entering in Fall 2020 is now available!
If you have questions about the San Diego Promise at San Diego City College, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 619.800.3464
San Diego Promise Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday 8:00am-5:00pm
VIRTUAL SERVICES FOR CURRENT STUDENTS
- Canvas: Campus announcements, program updates, and daily Peer Mentor Discussions/Check-Ins.
- Youtube: Check out our channel for video tutorials, and program updates!
- Instagram: Monday's Q & A story session, community and campus resources story highlights, and DM for general questions. Follow us at @sd_city_promise
- Zoom: Counselor Lead workshops, Virtual Counseling & Peer Mentor Appointments and Virtual Promise Orientations.
- Google Voice: Connect with a Promise Peer Mentor by calling 619.800.3464. Peer Mentors can support
you with any of the following:
San Diego Promise application