Computer Business Technology programs are offered for both transfer and career-oriented students. Certificates of Performance, Certificates of Achievement, and an Associate of Science Degree are available to students interested in upgrading computer skills for college success and/or employment in business office environments.
- Executive Assistant - secretary, administrative professional, or personal assistant is a person whose work consists of supporting management, including executives, using a variety of project management, communication, or organizational skills.
- Customer Service Agent - interact with customers to handle complaints, process orders, and provide information about an organization's products and services. Qualifications include good communication, problem-solving, and computer skills.
- General Office Clerk - perform a variety of clerical and administrative duties such as answering the telephone, typing documents, filing, and liaising with clients.
- Medical Assistant - support the work of physicians, physician assistants and other health professionals, usually in a clinic setting.
- Legal Assistant - support lawyers with various tasks, including conducting legal research, drafting and reviewing documents, communicating with clients, preparing hearings, trials, and meetings, and organizing and maintaining files.
CERTIFICATES & DEGREES
Associate of Science - Business Information Worker
The Business Information Worker Associate of Science degree is designed to pepare students with advanced-skills in: creating professional business presentations for use in face-to-face and remote settings; charting data, develop projections using pivot tables and macros, and create solutions to problems using Scenario Management using Excel; efficiently organizing records by electronic means; designing, creating, and maintaining records using Access; creating and maintaining a collaborative work space in SharePoint using Office 365; maintaining accounting details for small businesses and/or large organizations; providing customer service to both internal and external customers. (Download PDF)
Certificate of Achievement - Business Information Worker
The goal of the Business Information Workers Certificate of Achievement is to prepare students for entry-level office and administrative support in the following areas: Basic oral and written business communications; basic computer application skills, including beginning Excel, Word, and Outlook; the fundamentals of computer systems; and critical thinking and problem solving. (Download PDF)
Certificate of Performance - Business Information Worker I
The Business Information Worker Certificate of Performance is designed to introduce students with the learning skills necessary to continue towards the Business Information Worker certificates and/or associate degree. (Download PDF)
Certificate of Performance - Business Information Worker II
The Business Information Worker II Certificate of Achievement is designed to provide students with the intermediate-level office skills that can facilitate advancement from entry-level to higher-level office and administrative support positions. (Download PDF)