Virtual and In-Person Counseling Services
In order to meet with a Counselor, you need to:
- Have an active SDCCD application on file
- Be pursuing a major at City College
- Send in all transcripts of prior colleges attended to the district
- Have a current and accurate email address in your mySDCCD portal. You can update your
email and presonal information through your mySDCCD student portal.
Quick Connect Live Chat
Students can connect with us virtually for quick questions. Quick Connect is only offered Mondays-Thursdays from 10am-1pm.
Come by our office in A-366 to meet with a Counselor in-person for quick questions. Please note that there may be an extended wait time during peak registration periods.
Virtual and in-person counseling appointments are available. Stop by our office in A-366, call (619) 894-6118 or (619) 388-3540, or you can use our appointment scheduler to set up either a virtual or in-person appointment.
Ask the e-Counselor
All prospective and continuing students at City College can ask general counseling questions via email as long as it is not related to personal academic records. Click below to send an email to the e-Counselor.
New Students must have an active SDCCD application. Apply online if you haven't yet.
ADDITIONAL COUNSELING SERVICES
- You do not need to meet with a Counselor to clear a prerequisite. You can complete the form and submit the request online along with supporting documentation.
- To clear a prerequisite, students need to fill out the Proof of Prerequisite or Corequisite form as well as provide supporting documentation that the prerequisite has been met. Supporting documentation may include an unofficial transcript. Screen shot of your grade is acceptable as long as your name, the name of the institution, the class, and letter grade is visible. The form as well as directions to submit the form, can be found on our District Forms & Documents website.
- Please visit our FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) website for answers to commonly asked questions.