Virtual and In-Person Counseling Services
In order to meet with a Counselor, you need to:
- Have an active SDCCD application on file
- Be pursuing a major at City College
- Send in all transcripts of prior colleges attended to the district
- Have a current and accurate email address in your mySDCCD portal. You can update your email and presonal information through your mySDCCD student portal.
*Appointment requests will be screened to confirm you meet the criteria above. If you do not meet the criteria, you will receive a cancellation email within 2 business days and will be provided with other options for meeting with a Counselor.
*PLEASE NOTE*: Virtual Quick Connect drop-ins via Cranium Cafe are no longer available. We will offer virtual drop-ins again during the Spring 2023 Semester. Check back for more information.
Come by our office in A-366 to meet with a Counselor in-person for quick questions. Please note that there may be an extended wait time during peak registration periods.
Virtual and in-person counseling appointments are available. Stop by our office in A-366, call (619) 388-3540, or use our appointment scheduler (click on the button below) to set up either a virtual or in-person appointment.
Ask the e-Counselor
All prospective and continuing students at City College can ask general counseling questions via email as long as it is not related to personal academic records. Click below to send an email to the e-Counselor.
*PLEASE NOTE*: It is a busy registration period and may take us up to 10 business days to reply to your emails. If you are in need of a prerequisite clearance, scroll down and follow the instructions under "Additional Counseling Services > Prerequisite Clearance".
New Students must have an active SDCCD application. Apply online if you haven't yet.
- Complete the New Student Orientation
- Complete the New Student Educational Planning Workshop
- IF you still need Counseling support after completing the New Student Educational Planning workshop, you can sign up for the Power Hour workshop from the Canvas module at the end of the workshop.
ADDITIONAL COUNSELING SERVICES
- You do not need to meet with a Counselor to clear a prerequisite. To clear a prerequisite, students need to fill out the online Proof of Prerequisite form as well as provide supporting documentation that the prerequisite has been met. Supporting documentation may include an unofficial transcript. Screen shot of your grade is acceptable as long as your name, the name of the institution, the class, and letter grade is visible. Fill out all the fields and under the FORM/PETITION section, link it as "Proof of Prerequisite/Co-Requisite" and more questions will pop up. Complete the rest of the questions.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Please visit our FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) website for answers to commonly asked questions.