Military and Veterans
Welcome to San Diego City College!
We are glad that you have selected our college to pursue your academic goals. This webpage is designed to assist Veteran students and/or dependents navigate through City Colleges' programs and services as well as educational benefit requirements. The San Diego Community Colleges have been approved to offer military service connected benefit programs leading to an Associate Degree or transfer to a four-year institution. The time has never been better for military veterans to further their education and training.
Certification of educational benefits is not automatic; you must submit documents online in order to be certified.
Office Hours A-241 (Subject to Change)
- Monday - Thursday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Friday 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM
- Saturday & Sunday Closed
Holidays - Veterans Office Closed
- New Year's Holiday - Dec. 30, 2022 & Jan 2, 2023
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day - Jan. 16, 2023
- Lincoln Day - Feb. 17, 2023
- Washington Day - Feb. 20, 2023
- Cesar Chavez Day - Mar. 31, 2023
- Memorial Day - May 29, 2023
- Juneteenth - Jun. 19, 2023
Follow Us On Social Media
Facebook: SAN DIEGO CITY COLLEGE VETERANS
What makes someone a continuing student? You are considered a continuing student if you have used education benefits at City College within the last two years. Submit the following forms after you have successfuly enrolled in your courses for the term.
Continuing Veterans should submit these forms via the JIRA student support desk system. Certification is not automatic, you must submit a Semester Worksheet each semester to continue getting your benefits processed. Questions? Call 619-388-3504.
- and/or - Class Adjustment - Submit only if you make changes to your classes (add/drop)
If this is your first semester using your education benefits at City College, submit the following documents online based on the education benefit you are ulitzing. Questions? Call 619-388-3504.
Veterans Services is committed to helping student veterans make the best choices possible while attending by providing the maximum assistance, guidance, and support using the new educational benefits. The Veterans Services office & Veterans Service Center work collectively with on-campus and off-campus resources to provide quality service to all military-affiliated students by connecting them to campus resources, empowering them to successfully transition to college and equip them to be productive in the civilian workforce.
We are working hard to assist you with your education benefits.
Please include your 10 digit college ID number in the subject line of the email.
For general questions join our VA virtual lobby:
Monday - Thursday: 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM
-or- call our office directly at 619-388-3504
For specific questions about your certification, contact School Certifying Officials
Based on case load (last name)
Nicolas Johnson, SCO (M-Z) Acting Student Services Technician
Alyssa Antonio, SCO (A-L) Student Services Technician
Carolina Guardado, SCO Supervisor I Admissions & Records, Veterans/VSC
Dora Meza, Director Admissions & Records, Veterans/VSC
- Demonstrate the ability to apply and identify the process necessary to utilize VA educational benefits and entitlements.
- Identify VA and College policies regarding their benefits.
- Demonstrate knowledge of requirements for obtaining and maintaining VA benefits.
- Demonstrate ability to contact the VA Administration Office for additional services.
- Identify other key resources on campus that are necessary for successful completion of their educational goals.