Welcome to San Diego City College!
We are glad that you have selected our college to pursue your academic goals. This webpage is designed to assist Veteran students and/or dependents navigate through City Colleges' programs and services as well as educational benefit requirements. The San Diego Community Colleges have been approved to offer military service connected benefit programs leading to an Associate Degree or transfer to a four-year institution. The time has never been better for military veterans to further their education and training.
We are working hard to assist you with your education benefits.
For specific questions about your certification, contact School Certifying Official
Supervisor Megan Soto
Please include your 10-digit Student Id Number on the subject line of all email correspondence.
For general questions of VA benefits, please call our VA General Phone line at 619-292-8322.
Summer 2021 certifications will be processed online: https://www.sdccd.edu/students/forms-and-documents.aspx
If you have used your education benefits at City College before, submit these forms online to use your benefits for this semester. SUBMIT FORMS ONLINE
VA DEFERMENT CONTRACT - for Post 9/11 and VR&E only
CLASS ADJUSTMENT - Submit only if you make changes to your classes (add/drop)
If this is your first semester using your education benefits at City College, submit the following documents online. SUBMIT FORMS ONLINE
- VA STATEMENT OF UNDERSTANDING
- VERIFICATION OF VETERAN STATUS (attach DD-214 Member-4)
- VERIFICATION OF ELIGIBILITY FOR EDUCATION BENEFITS (Attach Certificate of Eligibility or similar)
- VA SEMESTER WORKSHEET
- VA DEFERMENT CONTRACT - for Post 9/11 and VR&E only
- UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS - for any prior college you attended
- VETERANS NON-RESIDENT TUITION EXEMPTION - if you are classified as Non Resident for Tuition Purposes.
- CLASS ADJUSTMENT - Submit only if you make changes to your classes (add/drop)
Follow Us On Social Media
Facebook: SAN DIEGO CITY COLLEGE VETERANS
Veterans Services is committed to helping student veterans make the best choices possible while attending by providing the maximum assistance, guidance, and support using the new G.I. Bill and other programs. The Veterans Services office & Veterans Service Center work collectively with on-campus and off-campus resources to provide quality service to all military-affiliated students by connecting them to campus resources, empowering them to successfully transition to college and equip them to be productive in the civilian workforce.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply and identify the process necessary to utilize VA educational benefits and entitlements.
- Identify VA and College policies regarding their benefits.
- Demonstrate knowledge of requirements for obtaining and maintaining VA benefits.
- Demonstrate ability to contact the VA Administration Office for additional services.
- Identify other key resources on campus that are necessary for successful completion of their educational goals.